Research Collaboration Group meeting
This two day meeting will be hosted by the University of Nottingham. The programme has been designed to support the recently circulated vision and terms of reference of for the Research Collaboration Group and the themes for the meeting will include:
1. International research collaborations
- A keynote from Professor Eva Wiberg (Executive Director of Universitas 21) who will outline her vision on how U21 can best foster and support research collaboration
- Case studies from U21 partners to highlight underpinning mechanisms result in successful bi-lateral and multi-lateral partnerships
- Updates on existing RCG U21 initiatives
- Capturing metrics on cross-institutional research collaborations
- Exploring PIIRUS (https://www.piirus.com/)as a tool for supporting and fostering U21 research collaborations
2. Industrial Engagement and Research
- A keynote from Ian Noble (Director of Research and Development strategy for PepsiCo’s Global Snacks Group) on global industrial challenges and how these can be addressed by collaborative industrial and University partnerships
- Case studies from U21 partners to strategic industrial engagement
- A tour of the University of Nottingham’s Technology Demonstrator and Innovation Park
The meeting will start at 9.15 on Thursday 28 May and run to mid-afternoon on Friday 29 May. A more detailed programme with timings will be circulated once these are confirmed.
Registration for this meeting is now open - please click on the link at the bottom of this page to go to the online registration form.
The meeting venue will be Highfield House on the University of Nottingham’s University Park Campus. Information about how to get to Nottingham and the University can be found at http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/about/visitorinformation/mapsanddirections/nottingham.aspx
Accommodation for delegates is available at the Orchard Hotel which is based on campus and a 5 minute walk from the meeting venue. (http://www.deverevenues.co.uk/en/venues/east-midlands-conference-centre-orchard-hotel/). A preferential rate been agreed with the hotel and bookings should be made directly with them stating/using the code ‘U21 Group’
Letters of Invitation
Attendees who require a letter of invitation should contact email@example.com indicating that they are attending the U21 Research Collaboration Group meeting and stating the dates that they intend to travel to the UK.
Follow on Events
1. The UK Association of Research Managers and Administrators Conference, 1-3 June 2015 is taking place at the Hilton Brighton Metropole Hotel, Brighton, UK.
ARMA are offering U21 Research Collaboration Group members a 25% reduction. Please enter the code ‘U21’ to receive this reduction when you make a booking.
2. The British Council’s Going Global 2015 Conference, 1-2 June 2015, London.
This conference has a wide-ranging focus on the role of universities in anchoring and sustaining cultures and building and strengthening connections. The University of Nottingham in collaboration with Vitae, the UK organisation responsible for supporting the development of researchers is hosting a session on ‘Developing international and regional research cultures, practices and networks: exploring the opportunities and challenges’ as part of this conference.