Voting is open for your favourite U21 3MT® video!
U21's flagship competition invites PhD candidates from across the network to present their research in a short 3 minute video presentation (3MT®). This year we have received 20 excellent entries, which have already won their own University's internal 3MT® and have now been put forward for U21's Global Competition.
Watch the entries below and cast your vote for your favourite video! The presentation with the most public votes will receive the People's Choice Prize of US$1000.
The closing date for the People's Vote is Monday 3 October with results announced on the week commencing 10 October.
3MT® competitions are held across the U21 network by member universities, who challenge their graduate students by asking 'Can you explain your thesis in just three minutes?'. The winner from each of these rounds is then put forward for the U21 global final. Votes are cast both by the public and by an international panel of academic and industry professionals. The best explanation of a thesis in three minutes wins.
- 1st Prize US$2,500
- Highly Commended US$500
The judging panel for the U21 3MT® global final in 2022 include:
- Professor Jonathan Morris, Chair of the U21 Deans and Directors of Graduate Studies, Pro-Vice-Chancellor Research Training & Entrepreneurship and Dean of Graduate Research, UNSW
- Professor Jean-Pierre Delplanque, Vice Provost and Dean, Graduate Studies, University of California, Davis
- Dr. Verity Elston, Co-Director of the Graduate Campus, Université de Lausanne
- Emily Chang, Founder and Director ,Stoke
- Professor Jenny Dixon, Provost, Universitas 21