It can be difficult to take a social enterprise or innovation idea beyond small-scale, local implementation, into something bigger. Creating global impact is even more of a challenge! RISE helps students realise this goal for their projects by giving them access to a global audience of potential supporters. U21 will ensure that each project will receive expert support as well as international exposure, working to attract pledges of support for the different projects from our global partners in industry and academia.
See all this year's entries below.
Most Impact: Proyecto 99 from Tecnológico de Monterrey, Mexico.
Most Innovative: Project CheckR from KU Leuven, Belgium.
Most Collaborative: FundEd from University of Maryland, USA.
Most Potential: SunFeeds from Lund University, Sweden.
Provost’s Award: Cuple from University of Melbourne, Australia.
Many thanks to our judges:
- Professor Jenny Dixon, Provost of U21
- Professor Arturo Molina; Professor of Product Innovation and Vice Rector of Research and Technology Transfer, Tecnologico de Monterrey, Mexico.
- Brian Koh, Director NUS Enterprise, National University of Singapore.
- Cedric Nwafor, social entrepreneur, civic activist, and joint winner of U21 RISE 2019 for his ROOTS Africa project
- Amber Bartlett; U21 Student Experience Project Manager