The U21 Global Leadership programme is an exclusive opportunity for high potential leaders from academic and professional disciplines, especially selected from the world leading universities in the U21 membership. The programme reflects the dynamic challenges in our institutions and the leadership required to individually and collectively navigate this new context. The modules will cover:
- Global insights, from Higher Education and Industry, on trends, opportunities and challenges
- Leadership tools, skills and mind-set for navigating a new context, including the themes of collaboration, trust, adaptation and personal agility
- Translating leadership concepts into an individual and organisational context and developing personal action plans
- The programme is a blend of engaging asynchronous content and short interactive synchronous sessions – delivered in two time zones – over a four week period. On completion of the programme and a short reflective process, participating leaders receive a digital micro-credential.
We are delighted that leaders from around the U21 network contribute to the course content each year as well as leaders from other sectors. The course has a strong international flavour and has been designed to complement any local leadership training being offered in your own university. It is updated each year to reflect the latest challenges and thinking on key topics.
- Broadened global horizons – exposure to multiple perspectives, experiences and cultures
- Develop connections with peers who share similar challenges, working in different contexts
- Feel more confidence in facing current and future challenges and, therefore, better prepared to navigate and lead through change
- Increased understanding of the skills and behaviours required for more effective collaboration and adaptation – and how that applies personally
When is it?
The programme will run from the 27th February to the 30th March 2023.