U21 is offering a new, online, international opportunity for students this October (2020). Universitas 21 Global Citizenship is an online leadership development programme, delivered by Common Purpose, a global not-for-profit organisation that specializes in cross-boundary leadership.
Participants will develop ideas together, across borders and time zones, honing skills needed to thrive in the 21st century whilst tackling some of the world’s most pressing problems, outlined in the United Nation Sustainability Goals (UNSDG).
The course is open to 2,000 students across the U21 global network of 27 universities, spanning 18 countries and 19 time zones. Throughout the programme participants will engage with and learn from students across the globe.
The three-week programme launches on Monday 5 October 2020 and comprises online learning and real-time, online reflection workshops.
Successful completion of the programme and all activities will earn participants the Global Citizenship micro-credential which can be displayed on LinkedIn profiles, demonstrating the skills developed to tackle complex global issues and leadership.
As a result of the programme, participants will be:
- Equipped to take rapid action on the Sustainable Development Goal that you choose
- Able to step outwards and collaborate with diverse networks
- Ready to challenge preconceptions and better inform other people’s perspectives
- Better equipped to operate across hierarchies
- Better prepared to live and maintain your values and integrity
Find out more about the U21 Global Citizenship Programme
Applications close on the 30 September 2020, 5pm (BST).