Universitas 21 (U21) is a leading global network of 27 research-intensive universities, spanning 18 countries and six continents. Our mission is to inspire truly international collaboration across the network's membership. We do this through empowering the staff, researchers, and students of all U21 universities to share excellence, collaborate across borders and nurture global knowledge exchange.
U21 is a Presidents-led network, which works on shared issues of importance to member universities and to global higher education more generally. Committed to promoting the value of internationalisation and multinational collaboration, U21 facilitates the delivery of programmes, activities and initiatives, which could not be delivered through a single university or via bi-lateral agreements. U21 has a sister network, U21 Health Sciences, which includes schools of medicine and dentistry from 19 U21 universities.
U21 is a network which:
- Advocates the benefits of internationalisation and its critical importance in higher education.
- Builds trust, facilitates collaboration, and promotes the results and impact of global partnerships
- Raises the profile of its members and amplifies their individual and collective successes.
- Is member focused; continuously identifying and responding to members’ needs in a tailored and agile way.
- Fosters and promotes a global outlook, uniquely providing a bespoke peer to peer offering across all groups involved with U21.