The U21 Researcher Engagement Steering Group oversees activities in the U21 Researcher Engagement cluster.
The Researcher Engagement Steering Group oversees the focus and direction of the cluster and its associated activities. The majority of initiatives within this area were founded by the Deans and Directors of Graduate Studies (DDoGS) and Research Leaders Group. The Steering Group therefore consists of members from both these groups also representing the geographical spread of the U21 network.
Current Researcher Engagement activities include the Graduate Collaborative Research Awards, the Joint PhD Programme, the Three Minute Thesis competition, the Early Career Researcher Workshops, the Research Collaboration Group, and Research Supervisor Support Development.
The RESG's challenges and goals support and uphold the network's Strategic Vision. The group facilitates opportunities to further develop and expand U21's researcher engagement activity in order to deliver on the following goals:
- Develop and foster research communities focused on those at the beginning of their research careers, up to 8 years post PhD
- Facilitate the submission of more applications to fund international collaboration and mobility
- Maximise the potential for joint graduate study and skills development at all levels
- Investigate how to measure, collect and increase the impact of research across the network
- Inform, influence and promote good practice in Research Integrity
- Be at the cutting edge of the experience we offer our PhD students and early career researchers by sharing good practice and benchmarking activity
Steering Group Co-Chairs:
Professor Jonathan Morris (UNSW) Professor Arturo Molina (Tecnologico de Monterrey)
A joint face-to-face meeting for the Researcher Engagement cluster groups.12-15 September 2023
U21's Annual Network Meeting and Presidential Symposium for 2023 will be hosted by the University of Queensland on their campus in Brisbane, Australia.April 2023
Director, Research Strategy Office
Dean of the Graduate School and Vice Provost for Graduate Education.
Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Research and Training
Vice-Rector of Research and Technology Transfer
Dean of Graduate Research
Vice President, Research
Head of Research Development and Support