An annual U21 conference for practitioners and administrators concerned with all areas of Educational Innovation at our member universities.
The EI Cluster holds annual conferences to enable practitioners and educational administrators to come together to discuss issues of importance, share best practice and exchange ideas and suggestions for way in which teaching and learning practices and policies can be enhanced and improved around the network.
In 2020 and 2021, the Symposia has taken the form of a series of events in an online setting including Open House events and a Symposia on Motivating Online Student Engagement in and out of the Classroom.
The 2019 Educational Innovation Symposium was hosted by the University of Johannesburg (October 8-10, 2019) and focussed on the 4th Industrial Revolution and the future of the University.
Previous conferences hosts and themes included:
- 2018, The University of Hong Kong, Future directions in curriculum design in undergraduate education for research-intensive universities
- 2017, Tec de Monterrey Challenging Traditional Thinking: Technology Enhanced Learning + Design Thinking.
- 2016, University of Birmingham, What is Teaching Excellence in a Contemporary Research-Intensive University?
- 2015, University of Edinburgh: Using the digital to capture the international
- 2014, UNSW Australia: Personalised Learning
- 2013, University College Dublin: Teaching and Learning in the Digital Age
- 2012, National University of Singapore: Towards Transformative Education in the 21st Century
- 2011, University of British Columbia: Effective and Efficient Teaching and Learning in Research Intensive Universities
- 2009. University of Nottingham Ningbo Campus
- 2008, University of Glasgow: Does Teaching & Learning Translate?