Arts and Social Sciences Research: Relevance, Responsiveness and Impact is the 8th annual University of New South Wales Arts and Social Sciences Postgraduate Student Conference co-organised by the A&SS Higher Degree Research Student Committee and UNSW Arts and Social Sciences.
The conference is an interdisciplinary event open to Higher Degree Research and Honours Arts and Social Sciences students from UNSW and other universities. This year’s conference will be held online on the 16-17 September 2020.
Relevance, Responsiveness and Impact aims to highlight the critical role, flexibility and contribution of Arts and Social Sciences Research by showcasing the diverse and high-quality work of Arts and Social Sciences research students. Relevance, Responsiveness and Impact provides a platform for students to present their work and emphasise the significance of their research to a diverse audience, engage with fellow Arts and Social Sciences researchers, and potentially reflect on any changes that had or will have to be made due to COVID-19.
Higher Degree Research and Honours Arts and Social Sciences students at all stages of their candidature are invited to submit papers in any of the areas below:
- Language studies, linguistics, translation & interpreting
- Policy, governance and ethics
- Human society & culture
- Communication and media studies
- Creative/performing arts & literary studies
- Social health & well-being
- History, philosophy & the natural environment
Call for papers
This year's conference will feature a series of 7-minute presentations (followed by 3 minutes Q&A). If you would like to contribute, UNSW welcome abstracts of no more than 200 words. In addition, please include:
- A title;
- Bibliography; and
- Up to 3 key themes from the list above that reflect your paper.
Submit your abstracts to Arts.PGConference@unsw.edu.au no later than 14th August 2020.
- 6th July 2020: Call for abstracts opens
- 14th August 2020: Call for abstracts closes
- 28th August 2020: Authors will be advised of acceptance via email
- 16th & 17th September 2020: Conference
Further information and instructions on how to register can be found on the UNSW website.